Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

Im getting sexually addicted. I feel like masturbating all

Im getting sexually addicted. I feel like masturbating all the time. i have a steady girl friend but we are in a long distance relationship. I cant control my thoughts . I start thinking about sex after seeing any woman. I feel guilty and stressed. PLEASE HELP GET OUT OF THIS I DONT WANT TO LIVE LIKE THIS
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

You're not alone, and there is plenty of help for you. I'm going to give you some links that will teach you about sexual addiction and what you can do to free yourself. There are peer meetings in person and on the internet, there are books and plenty of online support and accountability connections you can use to turn it all around. Take this window of opportunity and hang on with all your might: you may not be so motivated at another time, so act now and run with it.
link
www.sa.org
self help
Dr. Carnes

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks for the links. i have been through some before. but it delays my actions and not cure them.. i need someone with whom i can stay in touch and keep discussing things. i want to get this off my chest. i have done really bad things in the past and they haunt me. i want to get everything out and start fresh
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

You're most welcome, and i wish you the best of luck with your new path.

We don't offer counseling services here, only a Question & Answer format. If you're looking for an interactive experience with a counselor, you can go to sites like Live Person and talk with someone at any time.

There is no cure for any addiction, there is only abstinence from active addiction and recovery. I think you should try an online therapy site so that you can get this off your chest as soon as possible.

Anna