Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

A Miracle Client: a. tells the therapist what s/he thinks

5. A Miracle Client: a. tells...

5. A Miracle Client:
a. tells the therapist what s/he thinks that the therapist wants to hear
b.is often encouraged to anticipate difficulties that s/he may encounter
c. has difficulty focusing on the positive aspects of his/her therapsy process
d. works closely with the therapist to provide ideas about how to solve other client's problems

6. A question that is commonly asked by a Solution Focused Therapist is "when the problem is not present, how are things different?' This question is an example of a ____ question/
a. Miracle
b.Scaling
c.Presuppositional
d. Transferential

7.In Solution Focused Therapy, the counselor is most interested in
a. the absence of the problem
b. historiacl aspects of the problem
c. the family dynamics of the client
d. the cause of the problem

8. Solution Focused Therapists tend to view resistence as a:
a. function of the client's perceived inability to solve a problem
b. faulty defense mechanism that is the result of too much insight oriented therapy
c.construct that is not relevant to Solution Focused Therapy
d. Cornstone to understandinf client's poor self concept

9. Upon which of the following areas do Feminist Therapist tend to focus in the counseling process
a. building a sense of empowerment within the client
b. assertiveness training
c.relational therpay
d. all the above

10.Feminist therapist see dysfunctional as resulting primarily from
a.Biological factors
b.Psychologiacal factors
c. Social factors
d. Biopsychosocial factors

11.Which of the following statements BEST describe Feminist Therapy
a. Feminist Therapy lacks a basic philosophy but has a multitude of techniques
b. Feminist Therapy has a strong philosophy but has few techniques
c. Feminist Therapy has been equated with technical eclecticism
d. both a and c are true
e. both a and b are true

12. The founder of Feminist Therapy is
a. Nancy Murdock
b.Hillary Clinton
c.Betty Friedan
d.None of the above

13. Which of theory of counseling has a PESSIMISTIC view of human motivation?
a.Person-Centered
b. Reality Therapy
c.Neoanalytic
d.Gestalt

14.Which of theory of counseling has a OPTIMISTIC view of human motivation?
a. Individual Psychology
b.Reality Therapy
c.Gestalt
d.All of the above

15. Anna has just finished a class in counseling theories and is very orientation paper. Which of the following factors should Anna consider when making her decision
a.empirical evidence for the theory
b.Anna's level of comfort with the theory's view of the characteristics of a healthy personality
c.Anna's beliefs about what motivates people

16. Which theory of counseling has a NEUTRAL view of human motivation?
a. Cognitive
b.Reality Therapy
c.Neoanalytic
d.Gestalt

17. Doan (1998) suggested that the two central narratives that are common to all people are:
a love and sex
b.love and fear
c.love and friends
d.love and food

18. In a Narrative Therapy session, whose language is used?
a. the client's
b. the counselor's
c. both the client's and counsleor's
d.the other therapists who are observing and helping

19.In regard to the concept of power, Narrative Therapist align MOST closely with what other group of therapist?
a. Psychoanalysts
b.Feminists
c.Adlerians
d. Existentialists

20. Narrative Therapist see life as a process of _______
a. Events
b. Storytelling
c. Lies
d. Meeting with our Friends

7/6/2010
Selah R, M.S. LPC

5. A Miracle Client: a. tells the therapist what s/he thinks that the therapist wants to hear

6. A question that is commonly asked by a Solution Focused Therapist is "when the problem is not present, how are things different?' This question is an example of a ____ question/ a. Miracle

7.In Solution Focused Therapy, the counselor is most interested in a. the absence of the problem

8. Solution Focused Therapists tend to view resistance as a: c.construct that is not relevant to Solution Focused Therapy

9. Upon which of the following areas do Feminist Therapist tend to focus in the counseling process a. building a sense of empowerment within the client b. assertiveness training c.relational therapy d. all the above

10.Feminist therapist see dysfunctional as resulting primarily from c. Social factors

11.Which of the following statements BEST describe Feminist Therapy b. Feminist Therapy has a strong philosophy but has few techniques

12. The founder of Feminist Therapy is d.None of the above [THERE IS NO FOUNDER]

13. Which of theory of counseling has a PESSIMISTIC view of human motivation? c.Neoanalytic

14.Which of theory of counseling has a OPTIMISTIC view of human motivation? a. Individual Psychology b.Reality Therapy c.Gestalt d.All of the above [ALL OF THE ABOVE based on their views of human nature, double-check your textbook to make sure they still agree on that stance; actually looking at q 13 and 16 makes me think your text also agrees]

15. Anna has just finished a class in counseling theories and is very orientation paper. Which of the following factors should Anna consider when making her decision a.empirical evidence for the theory b.Anna's level of comfort with the theory's view of the characteristics of a healthy personality c.Anna's beliefs about what motivates people [NOT SURE I GOT THE WHOLE QUESTION, BUT IF THERE IS A d. all of the above I'D PICK THAT ONE!]

16. Which theory of counseling has a NEUTRAL view of human motivation? a. Cognitive

17. Doan (1998) suggested that the two central narratives that are common to all people are: b.love and fear

18. In a Narrative Therapy session, whose language is used? a. the client's

19.In regard to the concept of power, Narrative Therapist align MOST closely with what other group of therapist? b.Feminists

20. Narrative Therapist see life as a process of b. Storytelling

Selah R, M.S. LPC

#5 Question: Please explain your answer. I thought that a Miracle Client is often encouraged to anticipate difficulities of his/her therapy process

#7Question: I thought the answer was Presuppositional. please reference your answer so I can read/follow-up on the source

Check your textbook for Miracle Client. I can't find that term in relation to SFBT. In my education, a "miracle client" was someone performing a "flight into health" pattern where they improve too quickly in order to satisfy/appease/receive the affirmation of their therapist. It may be a term specific to the authors/theorists you are studying. Same for the next question...

For the type of question, it really is almost a "none of the above" from what I've been trained in SFBT. This would have been an Exception or Past Success question: When was there a time you didn't feel this way? What was different? Or, Was there a time when you handled this type of trigger in a healthier way?

Examples of the three:
Miracle: If you could take away one symptom, with a magic wand, what would be it?
Presupposition: If that symptom disappeared, how would that change your life? What would look different? What different choices would you have?
Scaling: On a one to ten scale, how would you rate your symptom?
Transference isn't a Solution-Focused idea.

Selah
Selah R, M.S. LPC