How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Carol Kryder LMFT Your Own Question
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Carol Kryder LMFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a husband that is controlling, verbally abusive, and

Resolved Question:

I am a husband that is controlling, verbally abusive, and does not pay attention to my wife.Now there might be someone else paying her more attention then me. Now I regret it. I love my wife and I want to save my marriage. What is your advice?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.

Congratulations for admitting your part in this problem. You need to take your wife out to a romantic dinner and tell her that you understand you have been controlling, neglectful and verbally abusive and you will get immediate individual therapy for those bad habits. Then do it immediately. Even better, make the appointment and go to the therapist before the romantic dinner.

Once you have followed through on that, suggest that you both go for couples counseling to see if the marriage can be saved. No guarantees here, but if you show her you are willing to fight for her and your marriage things might turn around.

Let me know if you have further questions. I wish you the best.
Carol Kryder LMFT and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you