How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelley Your Own Question
Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1018
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Kelley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had mental health problems as a teacher including a

Customer Question

I have had mental health problems as a teacher including a police section 136
How can I get an enhanced CRB now?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.

The fact that you have a 136 should not affect your CRB record, since having mental health issues is not a criminal issue but a medical issue. If you have been cleared by your psychiatrist to be fit to teach it should not interner with your teaching. I found some good answers to a similar question here

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can assist further!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What about when applying for a new job

Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.

I would not think that your mental health issue would be revealed as part of the process, but if it is it would fall into a medical issue and if you have clearance by a psychiatrist then you should be able to teach.