How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Carol Kryder LMFT Your Own Question
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Carol Kryder LMFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am very concerned about my husband - he is bipolar with a

Resolved Question:

I am very concerned about my husband - he is bipolar with a host of other illnesses - fibromyalgia, PTSD, CFS, hypothyroidism, agoraphobic and has anxiety. Recently, his main physician essentially blew him off - my husband is currently severely depressed, a little suicidal, and needs help with his meds asap. He's in no state to talk to anyone for himself. His insurance is Medicare. Can you provide any suggestions on how I can best go about finding a doctor for him? I know his preference is to have someone who can deal with all facets of his medical needs (i.e. illnesses, checkups, and psychiatry) but his immediate need is for someone with skills is psychiatry. We live in Colorado.

Also any suggestions on anything I can do to help other than the obvious (besupportive, be watchful, remove obstacles, etc.) would be welcome.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.

I happen to live in Colorado also, and as you probably already know, the services in our beautiful state leave a lot to be desired. Couple that with more and more doctors not taking Medicare and you have a huge problem. Have you considered a Nurse Practitioner? They do a wonderful job and are generally easier to get in to see. It is worth a try.

If he is suicidal please take him to the nearest emergency room. They are required to help him and that may be the best way to get the meds he needs.

Let me know if you have further questions. Best to you.
Carol Kryder LMFT and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you