Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

i need help i love my girl very much and i am to jealous i

Customer Question

i need help i love my girl very much and i am to jealous i dont want to lose her please help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 7 years ago.
Usually this take more than a quick answer. It often points to an underlying insecurity on you part. Some brief counseling should help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
What type of magic answer are you looking for? Seriously. I am sure you have tried to stop. I wasn't trying to be overly brief, their is just no magic.
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.
Hello:

Dr. Ed asked me to assist you and the problem you are having is serious. You are pushing your girl away with your behavior which is exactly the opposite of what you want. You know what you are doing is destructive but you cannot help yourself.

This requires professional intervention and you do need to see a counselor to address your low self esteem. What you are doing is expecting that she will leave you and reacting to that before it happens. The irony is that you will make what you fear the most happen(her leaving you) if you don't stop. Since you can't stop you need professional help. It is as simple as that. Call a counselor and get some help with this or you will surely lose her.

I wish you well. Best of luck to you.
Experience: APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you carol for responding to my question, i need to find some help , and me and my girl are trying to find one she is very understanding, i just dont understand why i have low self esteem, have never been that way, i own my own buisness, and not a bad looking man, well thank you and have a great day
You are welcome. If you work on this it will get much better, I promise.