Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

Ive been taking clonozapam for almost 2 years and not seem

ive been taking clonozapam for almost 2 years and not seem too be working anymore my doctor just started me on 25 ml of lamictal that ive been taking for a week now. i feel better mood wise but the anxiety is still bad. so today i called him and he gave me 2 ml of abilify to take along with the lamictal. so right now im going to be taking the lamictal 25 ml for the second week, abilify, and 2 times a day i take 1 miligram of clonozapam. do u think this is a good combination if so when will i begin to feel better. ive taken just about all the ssris and nothing worked just made it worse. if not do u have any suggestions. i also have an appointment next week for accupunctire because i heard it may help. im just fed up with this will anything ever make me feel better because i cant live like this for the rest of my life im only 28 and have 2 kids. please help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

You should fully feel the new combination when the Abilify is at a steady dose, which can take a week to 10 days. Abilify has shown a lot of promise in treatment resistant anxiety and depression, so I would give it a good try and keep track of your symptoms so that you can communicate well with your doctor.

In the meantime, you can use self-help CBT exercises to get some immediate relief from your thoughts & feelings while you're waiting for your acupuncture (works very well) appointment.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: can someone else answer the question she answered it but i felt i could of got a little more info..
can someone else answer the question she answered it but i felt i could of got a little more info.