How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Carol Kryder LMFT Your Own Question
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Carol Kryder LMFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 9 year old boy is being really naughty at school

Resolved Question:

my 9 year old boy is being really naughty at school disrupting the class by acting the fool throwing objects around the room not doing as he is told etc he has even hit and punched and kicked other children. He has become uncontrolable what can i do? i have tried everything i can think of along with the school.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.

This behavior is obviously not normal. Has he experienced any trauma? Any abuse? In any case he needs an evaluation by a child psychologist to find out what is wrong. This is beyond what you or the school can do. Please get him evaluated ASAP. His behavior is telling you that something is very wrong.

I wish you all the very best.

Warm regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
he has witnessed domestic violence , my partner ( not his father) was physically and emotionally abusive towards me.
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.
That is what it is. Children will often act out abuse or violence that they have witnessed.

Please get him to a child psychologist immediately. He needs therapy.

Warm regards,
Carol Kryder LMFT and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you