How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bonnie Your Own Question
Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist and RN
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2189
Experience:  35 years experience counseling children and families
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Bonnie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sent some information earlier.My questions are.Can I be

Resolved Question:

My name is***** sent some information earlier.My questions are.Can I be reassessed? Who do I ask for reassessment?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me what you want to be reassessed for?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want to be reassessed because I am not a risk and I do not like the idea of being considered a risk.I consider this misdiagnosis.
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 7 years ago.
I am confused and need more information to answer. You are being considered at risk for what?? "at risk" is not a diagnosis I am familiar with
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I did not say at risk I said cosidered a risk. Did your read all the information I sent earlier

which is true and verifiable.

Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 7 years ago.
I did not realize there was an earlier post. I will read it now. be right back.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Bonnie replied 7 years ago.
OK I am back. Wow it appears that you are feeling that your psychiatrist does not understand the situation and has not heard your side. I can see where that would make you uncomfortable. You have a right to be heard by your psychiatrist. Can you request a one hour long appointment to discuss it? If that is too uncomfortable, I see no reason why you could not write the account of what happened and how it triggered an emotional reaction. You could have had a psychotic reaction but that does not mean a lifetime diagnosis.

Concerning reassessment, would your GP be willing to refer you to a psychologist for a psychological evaluation. This thorough evaluation would clearly describe and define what happened to you and your present state. Then the psychiatrist can be provided with this report. What do you think?
Dr. Bonnie and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you