Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Why is there an audio broadcasting that does not require any…

Customer Question
Why is there an audio...
Why is there an audio broadcasting that does not require any receiver equipment is being heard all over the Southern California keeping people distracted from important thought? Where is it coming from? Is it a foreign defense effort? Is it the beginning of the future threat I've heard of that would scramble up all of our computers using electromagnetic pulse weapons?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
6/30/2010
Mental Health Professional: Selah R, M.S. LPC, Therapist replied 8 years ago
Selah R, M.S. LPC
Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your important question.

"Star Wars" is the nickname given to a defense system that the United States created that is a network of land and space based equipment intended to give early warning and protection against missile attacks from other countries. It was originally formed during the "Cold War" when long range missiles and nuclear weapons were a serious threat. You can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative

High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (called HAARP for short) is another defense system that uses radio waves on a widespread scale to help with detecting missiles, enhancing "communication" and is the project with the most conspiracy theories attached. Some believe that HAARP is powerful enough to alter major weather patterns, explore for under the earth's surface (such as for looking for caves and hidden bunkers in the Middle East in our search for Osama Bin Ladin, and possibly be used as a weapon for mass confusion or illness symptoms if directed into specific areas. You can read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program
and here:
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/haarp-conspiracy.html
and here for conspiracy stuff:
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/pandora/haarp.html
and here:
http://www.examiner.com/x-6495-US-Intelligence-Examiner~y2010m1d21-HAARP-Secret-weapon-for-weather-modification-electromagnetic-warfare

Electromagnetic pulse weapons have been developed for years to also help disable missiles and other warfare weaponry, sometimes called ebombs. You can read about them here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

Both sound waves and electromagnetic pulses have seen studies for smaller applications for crowd control and as non-lethal directed-energy weapons on both small scales (to affect one or two people) and on large scale (as a way to break up riots). You can read about them here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-lethal_weapon

Some people believe that even the legitimate use of technology such as HAARP (and a related technology that is supposedly spread out across the United States to enhance rapid military and emergency communication systems called GWEN, for the Ground-Wave Emergency Network System) can be blamed for medical issues such as chronic fatigue syndrome, and psychological side effects, such as confusion, when they are actively being used. Part of this depends on the person because everyone has a different level of sensitivity to these forms of energy, just as we all have different levels of tolerance for noise, heat, and light.

People who believe that they are sensitive to these type of systems, as well as sensitive to the general electricity being put out by cell phones, computers, televisions, and all the other high-tech devices our environments are filled with, can use EMF protectors to try to protect their body from the harmful effects. Such products can be found here: http://www.blockemf.com/

Hope that helps,
Selah