Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have a situation where a bio-medical device was installed…

Customer Question
i have a situation where...
i have a situation where a bio-medical device was installed in my person without my knowledge or consent. what are my options?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
6/28/2010
Mental Health Professional: DUSLaw,
 replied 8 years ago
DUSLaw
What is the device and was it medically necessary to save your life?
It appears to be some type of electronic device located in my ear, and doesnt appear necessary to sustain vital life or hearing functions. Upon closer inspection i can see tiny ellectrodes and copper wires. Could be some type of bio-telemetry device. I have never been told I had this placed. The last invasive procedure I've had was back in 1981 when I was 6 years old, so i think that's when it was installed.