Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I suffered an ectopic pregnancy April last year and still do…

Customer Question
I suffered an ectopic pregnancy...
I suffered an ectopic pregnancy April last year and still do not think I am over it. We have been trying on and off to concieve again without success but every month is a bigger gap to my 9 & 7yr children. I don't know whether having another child is the only way to truly move on or whether I am just distracting myself from moving on with life in another way. I am scared of regreting my decision either way. I do get depressed every month my period arrives and this month I found myself crying in the shower about it. I don't know how long to continue trying.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
6/25/2010
Mental Health Professional: Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional replied 8 years ago
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Hello:

Please see your doctor. You are depressed, and believe me, having a child is not the way to get over your depression and grief. You need medication and therapy.

You don't mention whether your husband is supportive. I hope he is weighing in.

You are not in the right state of mind to make the decision whether or not to have another child. Please get some professional help with this. You really can't do this alone.

I wish you the very best and I promise that things will better if you reach out.

Warmest regards,