Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

How does a person realease feelings to his wife of 34 years…

Customer Question
how does a person realease...
how does a person realease feelings to his wife of 34 years about how he feels about aother woman . and the rage has stiffeld everything inside of me . trying to work everything out . and cn not get one word in without the agreesion what I have felt everything for 60 days has been inpossible to re be able to realease any emotions that i feel . the anger I can understand but everything that i hear is about the act of betrayel. .I am ttying to do what is best and there has been no compremise on her part other then how could you. my life has been empty and guilt is not enough. I find that there be no rest after the sorm. there is I feel no solution and dont even no where to begin . Have been going to marraige counseler. And every thing that was said was treated as lies. I find no peace inside of me and find every day to be that of anothe that past the day before. I feel empty and can not express what is going on inside of . I find everyday as a torment and there is no end to the madness that the next moment will bring My concern is how do you heel where everything is madness and nothing is stable. how do bring on a solution when nothing but angr er exsist no forgiveness just sheer hostility that will I feel will never stop no mattere how long of time will pass. sincerely ***** ***** without hope
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
6/25/2010
Mental Health Professional: Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional replied 8 years ago
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Hello:

My goodness, your life is a nightmare. If the marriage counseling results in more abuse for you, please start seeing a counselor on your own. You need to work out these feelings with someone who cares in a safe place.

Please do this for YOU. It sounds like your wife is not willing to listen to you and both of you are so angry that communication is stifled. You need to talk to someone to sort out your feelings and decide what you want. You DO have the right to decide what you want, and what worries me is that you sound so hopeless. If you take action you will feel better, and any action is better than feeling so helpless and hopeless.

Please call for an appointment tomorrow and get some help for yourself. I wish you the very best. Let me know if you have questions.