Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I am very keen to become a Child Psychologist but am unsure…

Customer Question
Hi, I am very keen to...
I am very keen to become a Child Psychologist but am unsure of what route to take to acheive this goal.
I understand there is no 'Child Psychology' degree as such so which Psychology degree would you recommend? and what educational path would you then follow after this?
What is the average time frame to become a practising C P?
Is the 'C P' Level 3 (same as A level) worth taking or this really for a personal understanding of childrens behaviour etc?
I have been offered a course/Diploma in Child Counselling, would this in anyway help to facilitate my intended career path?
Sorry, alot of questions.
Kind Rgds
Sara
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
6/19/2010
Mental Health Professional: Dr. G., Psychologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
What is your educational background?