Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I am still suffering from feeling lonely and angry that i…

Customer Question
I am still suffering from...
I am still suffering from feeling lonely and angry that i cannot get over my depression and anxiousity,I see my gp every fornight and no change i have medicated sinced august last year,been also having counselling the same amount of time. I also take medication as per previous questions,everyone and me want to know why?
All I do is sleep or stay in bed all day and work in my house at night,I have a grown up family and to me i have gone from an independent person toa lonely stay at home unhappy person nothing seem to interest me,i am told be patient it takes time,sometime i think what is point if this is how life is going to be.I tried waking earlier but i just canot open my eyes,I go to bed all time trying to change the cycle i think what the point.
I feel safe in bed and no one to bother me but that not a life,i want some help to get my life back.
rhonda
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/17/2010
Mental Health Professional: Wendy M, Mental Health Professional replied 8 years ago
Wendy M
Wendy M, Mental Health Professional
Hello Rhonda,

Welcome to Just Answer.

It sounds like you are really struggling right now, with your depression. I see that you have wrote down on things you have already tried, as everything. I would imagine, that this may include various medications, like Paxil, Zoloft, etc. I do not know if you have tried more than one medication at the same time, but I did want to give you some thoughts and I do hope to hear some feedback from you, as to different things that I will write.

Sometimes, one medication may not work for a particular patient. Sometimes patients need to go through several different medications, before they find one that works. This might be going from Paxil, to Zoloft or Cymbalta, etc. The other thing that I do not know if you have tried or not, is an addition to your medication regimen, such as Abilify, to help with your depression. Abilify on it's own, is not recommended for depression, but if depressive symptoms to not subside, then Abilify can sometimes help.

The other avenue of thought, with depression, is that if everything has been tried, with no relief in symptoms, a doctor may prescribe ECT treatments or Electro Convulsive Therapy treatments. These treatments, have been shown throughout the years, to work on some of the most depressive of symptoms, with very good results. Again, this is usually as a last resort, if medications and therapy have not worked.

Finally, I see that you are seeing a GP, for your depression. I am wondering if you have had an evaluation with a psychiatrist, to get more information and to be better treated.

I hope to hear some feedback, in regards ***** ***** of the questions I have asked.

I will talk to you soon.

Take care,
Wendy

I have seen a pyschist,have tried electroc shock treatment,nothing seem to match up.

my gp keep changin things but nothing is working together,and i hate being home alone,but cannot get out of the house and everyone else works,so i have gone from an indendepent person to have wait for other to take me,and i hate it.

today is the first day i have been up before (earliest 2pm) i am walking around like a zombie,but i am going to push myself to do some washing,as the sun is out.

i am very shakey but will try.

thank you for the advice but have tried all those things.

thanks

rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

It sounds as if you need more help than what you are receiving. There are Centers within the community, mental health centers, where they have things called a Mobile treatment team, where they can come out and monitor you daily, for your depression. This sounds like something that might be helpful to you. I do not know what city and state you live in, but if you let me know, I will send you some information, on your local community health centers, to see if they can help provide you some daily treatment for your depression. In the meantime, while I wait for your response, I am going to opt out of this question, but will respond, with your local community health center names, if you reply.

I want to opt out of this question, to see if one of our other professionals can give you some fresh thoughts that may be helpful to you, besides what I can offer.

I will talk with you soon.

Take care,
Wendy

altona melbourne victoria australia

thanks you