Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

What do you see as the current Health Issue(s) facing Nurses…

Customer Question
Hello, What do you see as...
What do you see as the current Health Issue(s) facing Nurses / or hospitals. I am considering going into Mental Health Nursing and have been shorlisted for an interview. I would appreciate any input you can offer to ensure that I am cover all possible grounds.
thank you
Eucharia
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
6/17/2010
Mental Health Professional: Anna, Mental Health Professional replied 8 years ago
Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

I can't give you information that would ensure that you're covered on all possible grounds, but I can tell you what are the current health issues facing nurses and hospitals.

Funding for those who won't pay their bills and funding for those who can't pay their bills.
Liability lawsuits
staffing shortages demanded by budget restraints
not knowing what the Obama healthcare plan will include
the cost of medication
premature discharges based on reimbursement
lack of psychiatric/addictions coverage
HIPPA regulations
higher acuity of patients admitted for inpatient care.

These are the hot topics in the hospital administration world.

Anna

Dear *****a,

I am not quite pleased with the response. I live in the UK and woule like a response from UK perspective. I want to know the current issues facing Nurses in the UK and I also requested to know possible areas I need to read up for My Mental Health Nursing interview coming up in the next few days. I would appreciate your urgent response to this question. Please answer from a UK pespective.

regards

Eucharia

Dear team,

I only have a day before my interview. I have not yet received relevant answer to my question. Please let me know if you are unable to inervene. I am a UK resident.

regards

Eucharia

The question has been sitting on the boards and no one has picked it up, so I'm going to assume no one here has a good answer for you. Sorry.

Anna