Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have a very high level of anxiety and need fly out of

Customer Question
state tomorrow. I am...
I have a very high level of anxiety and need fly out of state tomorrow. I am anxious about LEAVING MY HOME AND ANXIOUS ABOUT RETURNING. I AM NOT AFRAID TO FLY BUT ANXIOUS BOUT THE ENTIRE TRIP FAMILY IS DEPENDING ON ME TO SHOW
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
6/17/2010
Mental Health Professional: Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist replied 8 years ago
Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Hi again. I answered your other question. I don't know if you saw it, because you haven't accepted it yet. I understand you are anxious, but the only thing you can do on such short notice is rely on medication. If you have some ativan, then take that as prescribed. Then when you return, find a therapist you can work with on this anxiety issue so you don't have such fear around leaving home. Reassure yourself that everything will be fine, that anxiety is just a feeling - not reality. Do your best to talk yourself through it, and get some help when you return home. Good luck. Please click accept so I may receive credit for my answer. Tamara