Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

To whom this may this concern. and I am not sure about my…

Customer Question
Good evening to whom this...
Good evening to whom this may this concern. My name is ***** ***** I am not sure about my life anymore. I was deceived, humiliated, and treated very bad by a stupid fire department. When I got hired, I was offered a part time position with the intent of being full time. When the position opened up, they hired someone from the outside rather than hiring me and I did everything that I was supposed to. I was given gear with my name on it like everyone else. Now I have a hatred for all firefighters. They are supposed to help people, not hurt or deceive people. The worst part is that I can't do anything legally. Because of this, I have a fear of them and i would rather die then to be saved by one of them. All firefighters are evil and their purpose is to ruin lives like mine. I hate them all and for what they stand for. In regards ***** ***** what can I do to live my life. I am going back to school to become a nurse but till this day I am haunted and tormented by them and all firefighters.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
6/12/2010
Mental Health Professional: Selah R, M.S. LPC, Therapist replied 8 years ago
Selah R, M.S. LPC
Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your important question.

It sounds like this is causing you a great deal of distress. I would highly recommend seeing a counselor who specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This type of therapy can help you directly confront the thoughts and emotions wrapped up in this situation and help you find a better balance so you can more forward in your life and your new career path. This type of therapy can often be done in a time limited fashion (8-12 session) so it is very affordable. If you are in school, you may be able to attain this type of counseling free from your school's counseling center.

Good luck with the nursing degree. I hope you will pursue CBT so you don't let them destroy your future.

Selah