Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I would be so grateful for any advice you can give me. My 22…

Customer Question
I would be so grateful...
I would be so grateful for any advice you can give me. My 22 yr,old Grandson is a lovely young man,never been in any trouble and we have never seen him any different than his normal quiet self.Hes been treated for depression for a couple of years by his GP. His Parents have been very worried about his behavior and have asked his Gp several times for a referal to a psychiatrist and at one time it was agreed that he would be admitted, but he would not agree to this and was obviosly not ill enough to be sectioned thankfully, so nothing came of it. Today his Parents have again tried to get him referred but today its a different story, now the GP says he doesn't have depression after being on antidepressents for years, he has a personality disorder and theres no cure for it, so shes arranging cognative treatment,he has to sign on and if he hasn't got a job in 6 months shes going to arrange a full medical for him. Mdically hes A1, mentally hes not. He hasn't worked for about 18months, Help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
6/10/2010
Mental Health Professional: Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist replied 8 years ago
Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Hi. I read your information. What kind of help exactly are you looking for? What is your question? Tamara