How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1768
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband watches Fox news all day. He then has such a

This answer was rated:

my husband watches Fox news all day long. He then has such a negative negative attitude about everything. Example: I told him we did not have any BP stock, wasn't that good news for a change? his reply? Well it doesn't matter we have other oil stocks and they are going to go down the tubes too. We have had some unfortunate events going on in our lives financially, but this terrible negative attitude is horrible to live with! Is this depression?
Hi, it sounds as though he is very worried about his financial future and at his age it is depressing. So to answer your question, yes he could very well be depressed. Anyone who watches the news all day is bound to have a negative reaction. It would be wonderful if he could find a hobby and get away from the TV during the day but I know that suggestion may not sit well with him. You might want to suggest he see a therapist to help him turn his negativity into something more positive. A cognitive behavioral therapist can help him see things differently and help him learn how to think in a more positive light. Please click accept and leave feedback.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a simple name for a "cognative behavorial therapist"? In our phone book under therapist there are only physical, occupational, psychotherapists, speech or language?
Under "Physicans & Surgeions" I can't seem to find one either?
Sorry, I should have made that clearer. If you look under psychologists, social workers, psychotherapists you will find one, I would suggest you call a few and ask if they are cognitive behavioral therapists, some may use a variety of therapies depending on the issue at hand. Most therapy today is short term, solution focused and CBT (as it's known) is widely used.
Please click accept and leave feedback
Dr. Keane and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you