How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anna Your Own Question
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1945
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Anna is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I dont know how to handle my husband. i have to watch

Resolved Question:

i dont know how to handle my husband. i have to watch everything i say and if i want to talk to him about something he takes it personally and will never discuss anything. he shows no empathy or emotion i never know what he is thinking, he never talks. he leaves the house because he says if he gets angry he will hit me. please help i have two children and dont know what to do anymore.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

Your husband needs to see a physician to be evaluated for clinical depression at least, and at best would be an appointment with a psychiatrist (physician who specializes in mental and emotional disorders). He's got some serious problems that you can't solve.

Rules of The Game

For you, getting connected to outside supports is going to be crucial so that you don't fall under the weight of his problems. You need to talk to other people and tell the truth about what is going on with you and in your home. This is one of the most important things you can do: tell your story. Do it in person or in online support blogs, but do it.

My best to you,
Anna and 2 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you