How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IMDR06 Your Own Question
IMDR06, Board Certified Physician
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2060
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician and HIV Physician
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
IMDR06 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in desperate need of a pysciatrist that specializes in

Customer Question

I am in desperate need of a pysciatrist that specializes in chronic pain in Bergen County NJ. My Pain Man Dr dismisssed me due to the treatment he was giving me was not working, now I am in severe pain, this morning my physciatrist who was going to give me a script for my pain, who has me on xanax and topomax called to tell me he lost his medical liscence. Instead of going crazy trying to find 2 seperate doctors, I am looking for one to help me. I am bed ridden so it's ideal and so much easier for me. PLEASE help me.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  IMDR06 replied 7 years ago.
i don't know of any in particular, but i would google the "American Academy of Addiction Medicine" - their website will have a list of doctors in your area. Addiction Medicine Psychiatrists will help you manage chronic pain as well, they are not necessarily there to treat addictions, rather, to prevent addictions as well. best of luck.