How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. G. Your Own Question
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1523
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance has some anxiety problems and worries a lot. He is

This answer was rated:

My fiance has some anxiety problems and worries a lot. He is taking medicine for it, but it seems not to really work. I have been with him for four years and I do not know how much more I can take. It is very hard, he worries about everything and I mean everything. The only other thing I can think of doing is taking him to a therapist, is this something that I should consider?
I would highly consider that option since we know medication is not the cure all for anxiety. Keep in mind though that he needs to want to go and get better for himself. If you drag him in to therapy then it might not be successful because he is doing it against his will. I would have him make the appointments and go on his own. If he cannot do this then that might be a sign to you that says it is time to get out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well he has said that he thinks it is time to see one. I think he is actually to the point where he is sick of worrying about everything. So you think he should go by himself, I do not think he will but should he try for awiile first? And how would I start looking for one for him?
He needs to go on his own and be responsible for his own mental health. Look in the phone book under mental health or counseling services and start calling ones nearby. They would want to know if you have insurance. If money is an issue then he might can try social services to get help to pay for therapy.
Dr. G. and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you