How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ralph LMHC Your Own Question
Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 872
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Ralph LMHC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety and depression 10

Resolved Question:

I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety and depression 10 years ago. Then received a diagnosis of Bi-Polar I a few years ago. SSRIs work out for me for a while then simply stop working. My doctor says there is nothing more he can do med-wise and that I just need counseling. I have been on 150mg of Wellbutrin for 8 months. I am also on Lamictal 200mg and 150 Trazadone for sleep. My anxiety is unbearable and I feel like I am outside my own body. Any advice.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.


Have you discussed the use benzodiazapine like klonapin and Xanax ranted that they have a high addiction potential, they are quite effective and one must weight the risks versus the benefits in order to make an appropriate decision that nothing more can be done with medication.

If you are going to et involved in counseling, I would recommend the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In CBT, one is taught new ways of thinking and behaving and as a result, one's mood improves. anxiety and panic attacks decrease. In addition CBT is evidenced based as the most effective form of treating anxiety. See:


Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Ralph LMHC and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you