How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ralph LMHC Your Own Question
Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 872
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Ralph LMHC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 24 in grad school and feel i may have add or adhd.. i

Resolved Question:

i'm 24 in grad school and feel i may have add or adhd..
i have dropped in grades and have been "dropping the ball" on little things at work i feel.
As a Kid, I think i was diagnosed but my mother never wanted me on anything.
I usually have used many study and mediation tactics to help me focus.
is it possible or likely that i have add or adhd? as late as 24?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.


It is quite possible to add first diagnosed at age of 24. Do you have trouble in organization and focus?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
in school i constantly was told i had "poor" or "unsatisfactory organizational skills"

Focus wise i have been able to to focus on things that are challenging but recently that has been dwindling as well...

sometimes i fidget as well but not very much. However, i still notice it
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.


Then I would suggest you go for neuro psychological testing. If it demonstrates that you do have ADD, then it can be remediated with appropriate medication by a psychiatrist.


Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Ralph LMHC and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you