Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I'm 24 in grad school and feel i may have add or adhd.. i

i'm 24 in grad school and feel i may have add or adhd..
i have dropped in grades and have been "dropping the ball" on little things at work i feel.
As a Kid, I think i was diagnosed but my mother never wanted me on anything.
I usually have used many study and mediation tactics to help me focus.
is it possible or likely that i have add or adhd? as late as 24?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

It is quite possible to add first diagnosed at age of 24. Do you have trouble in organization and focus?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
in school i constantly was told i had "poor" or "unsatisfactory organizational skills"

Focus wise i have been able to to focus on things that are challenging but recently that has been dwindling as well...

sometimes i fidget as well but not very much. However, i still notice it

Then I would suggest you go for neuro psychological testing. If it demonstrates that you do have ADD, then it can be remediated with appropriate medication by a psychiatrist.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.