Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
25692555

My daughter is 8 years old and cries uncontrolably at least

My daughter is 8 years old and cries uncontrolably at least once if not twice a week. Normally it is around bed time and after she has been upset about something. She tells us that she is not crying about the item that originally upset her. I am not sure what to do any thoughts?
Thank you for using Justanswer.com. I'm sorry to hear your daughter is going through this. It sounds like you are approaching this in a very loving and appropriate way. We are unable to diagnose someone through this setting. However, I would suggest having her evaluated by a child psychiatrist and therapist to see if this is a diagnosable issue. It sounds like she may have some mild depression going on. Which can be characterized by uncontrollable crying and crying for no reason at all.

I hope this answer helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need clarification about this answer.

I wish you all the best with this situation,
Kym