How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Kaushik Your Own Question
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4661
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Kaushik is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has been a schizophrenic for many years and has

Resolved Question:

My husband has been a schizophrenic for many years and has been on a modecate injection four weekly but just after Christmas he decided he was no longer going to have it. He is now drinking too much whiskey, laughs at nothing, an is generally not well. He won't see his Dr, who I spoke to about a month ago explaining what was happening and still won't have his injection. I am nearly at the end of my tether and feel so alone. He admits he isn't right but won't do anything about it. What is your advice?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 7 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, it seems like your husband has developed psychosis , and it is due to his psychotic state that he is doing all the bizarre things like laughing without any reason and excessively drinking alcohol , so i would suggest that before his condition spirals out of your control , you should take a call and call up emergency and ask for transfer of your husband to an indoor psychiatry facility , where he will be given the medications under supervision and guidance of a psychiatrist , this is important and needs to be done as your husband has not been taking medications / injections and has become physically unmanageable and does not want to take treatment , so this calls for indoor psychiatry treatment in an indoor psychiatry facility / hospital ward ..

I hope this helps ...

I wish you all the best...

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.


Dr. Kaushik and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you