How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Norman M. Your Own Question
Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2568
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Norman M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get my brother-in-law, who is a part-time

Resolved Question:

How can I get my brother-in-law, who is a part-time Methodist minister, and my sister, who is his wife, to stop preaching to me? It is driving me nuts. I am not even the same religion as them. I am Catholic.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Norman M. replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JA.

Simply set boundaries by telling them that while you respect their views, you have your own faith and are not prepared to listen tio what they say about religious issues. Tell the that you find their preaching to you offensive as it appears to be an attempt to undermine your own faith

Make sure you understand that you are serious about this, and any time the subject is brought up repeat your stance. Never be tempted into justifying your position, or explaining indetail why you are not interested

Best wishes,
Norman M. and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you