How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Norman M. Your Own Question
Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2568
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Norman M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 22 years old son that thinks either me who who is

This answer was rated:

I have a 22 years old son that thinks either me who who is his father or my wife who is his step mother are trying to find some body to kill him.
he is the only son that I have and I really worried about him, I have told him that he has to go and talk to a psychiatrists, but he hasn't done it so far, please tell me what is my best option and how can I help him.
Hello and thanks for visiting JA.

Your son is apparently paranoid, and in this situation, yo are correct - he does need to see a psychiatrist.

However, before he will do that, he has to be convinced that he has a problem, and until that happens there is nothing much you can do, except to continue to encourage him to see a Doctor.

He is an adult, and therefore reponsible for his own decisions, so there is no way you can force him. Stay unemotional and factual, and continue to press the point firmly but gently, and enlist the help of any family members that you can

Best wishes,
Norman M. and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you