Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
14727623

I have a 22 years old son that thinks either me who who is

I have a 22 years old son that thinks either me who who is his father or my wife who is his step mother are trying to find some body to kill him.
he is the only son that I have and I really worried about him, I have told him that he has to go and talk to a psychiatrists, but he hasn't done it so far, please tell me what is my best option and how can I help him.
thanks
Mark
Hello and thanks for visiting JA.

Your son is apparently paranoid, and in this situation, yo are correct - he does need to see a psychiatrist.

However, before he will do that, he has to be convinced that he has a problem, and until that happens there is nothing much you can do, except to continue to encourage him to see a Doctor.

He is an adult, and therefore reponsible for his own decisions, so there is no way you can force him. Stay unemotional and factual, and continue to press the point firmly but gently, and enlist the help of any family members that you can

Best wishes,
NormanM