How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ralph LMHC Your Own Question
Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 872
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Ralph LMHC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ihave a daughter in law who is haveing panic attacks and

Resolved Question:

Hi ihave a daughter in law who is haveing panic attacks and deprecion she cant go out if she does she pannicks and thinks everybody is looking she has ahd this before she said howevever my son cant even leave the house she panics. she shakes and her leg shakes. her dr gave her zopiclone and diazipam they are not working she cant go to work as she works at the drs surgery.can you help
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.


Standard treatment for panic attack is if one is going to use benzodiazapines-Xanax or Clorazapam. In addition is the use of SSRI's like Paxcil or Zoloft or SNRI's like Effexor r Prestiq. These take several weeks to work so the benzo's are used to cover until the other meds take effect. I would also recommend the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In CBT, one is taught new ways of thinking and behaving and as a result, one's mood improves. anxiety and panic attacks decrease. In addition CBT is evidenced based as the most effective form of treating anxiety. See:


Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Ralph LMHC and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you