Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I TAKE .5 MG OF XANAX 3 TIMES A DAY FOR PANIC DISORDER TO

I TAKE .5 MG OF XANAX 3 TIMES A DAY FOR PANIC DISORDER I'M TRYING TO CONTROL NOT TO SCARE MYSELF BC I THINK THAT'S WHAT'S GIVING ME THESE ATTACKS ANYWAY I'M IN A WEDDING TONIGHT I TOOK 1.5MG OF XANAX COULD I HAVE ONE OR TWO BEERS TONIGHT WILL THAT EFFECT ANYTHING
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

It is not advisable, but it will not kill you although it may make you very drowsy.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok so i should be fine how long after drinking alcohol can you take anxiety meds?

The general rule is that it takes abut an hour to metabolize 1 ounce of alcohol, but that depends on size, kidney function, etc. I would wait at least 6 hours after 2 drinks.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC