How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cathy Your Own Question
cathy, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1436
Experience:  MS., MS.Ed., 30 years clinical and administrative experience in psychiatry and mental health
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
cathy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Should a forensic child psychologist investigating

Customer Question

Should a forensic child psychologist investigating allegations of sexual abuse be discussing the progress of the eval and say that she is going to file a 51a to either party? She also only met with the child three times - Is this enough to get to the truth?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  cathy replied 7 years ago.

Hi thanks for using Justanswer,

yes any evaluator can do that if she or he suspects child abuse.

Yes that is the law behind the 51A

I know that is probably not the response you wished for, but yes

warmest regards Cathy