How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ed Wilfong Your Own Question
Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Ed Wilfong is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

20+ yrs of physical pain w/intercourse due to a deformity. I

Resolved Question:

20+ yrs of physical pain w/intercourse due to a deformity. I can no longer participate in any activities w/my spouse. He says it’s a must, a tie breaker for a relationship. He’s oblivious to how he’s made me feel .. worthless. Nothing matters to him except some act, his constant badgering has driven me to want nothing to do with him. No regard for my feelings. I can’t sleep, eat, feel worthless. A friend suggested I have PTSD – is it possible? Am I so abnormal?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 7 years ago.
It doesn't sound like you are abnormal. It sounds more like you are the victim of ongoing verbal abuse by an uncaring, unsympathetic spouse. Like you say, you feel useless. Being made to feel this way is not right and has created an internal battle between the part of you that knows you should not be treated so badly and the part that allows him to damage your esteem. It is not a wonderful choice, but you will get somewhat better when you make a decision - remove yourself from the abuse or succumb to being worthless and be miserable. You will need some counseling to help regain your esteem. In case I was to subtle, you need to remove yourself from the abuse. The other option is chronic depression and anxiety.
Dr. Ed Wilfong and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you