How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 251
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been being stalked for approximately 7 years by an ex

Resolved Question:

I have been being stalked for approximately 7 years by an ex landlord. He moves to where ever I move, taps my phone, has others follow me. What is the best way to handle this? I've had to move in with my daughter and her husband and their four children which is not fair to them. He protects himself by having others follow and menace, almost never drives himself and surveils our property which is on a busy street constantly. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm worn out, depressed and have had motion detectors put on my doors, gps on my car and had my calls scanned or software sent to them to pirate them. This is a person I've had no relationship with, in fact I moved. No luck with protective orders, been to court and could not provide proof. Thanks.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for using I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. I'm wondering if you have considered hiring a private detective to follow and gather evidence against this person?

That would be my recommendation. It seems you will need to have proof before you can do anything else.

I hope this answer helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care,
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you