How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ed Wilfong Your Own Question
Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Ed Wilfong is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Family Physician, and would like to find a psychiatrist

Customer Question

I am a Family Physician, and would like to find a psychiatrist whom you would recommend for adults with ADHD/ADD.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 7 years ago.
Don't know where you are?
Any adult psychiatrist should be ok with meds, it is the diagnosis that would concern me, as it could be anxiety or an affective disorder and appear the same. I would have patient tested by psychologist to be sure.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The patients were already diagnosed by a psychologist as having ADD. I referred them to find out whether it was anxiety caused by ADD.

Meds were suggested.


Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 7 years ago.
Psychologist is only one that has object tests. Really can't tell by interview (psychiatrist). If he did testing, it should be easy Dx for psychologist.If I can help further, let me know, otherwise just consider professional courtesy. I don't control billing, but I didn't answer your question, so you don't have to pay. Need Location to find referral or I can help with meds. I consult with Family Practice for a living.

Edited by Dr. Ed Wilfong on 3/3/2010 at 1:41 AM EST

Related Mental Health Questions