How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Norman M. Your Own Question
Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2568
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Norman M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know I have had ADHD all of my life, now in my late 30's

Customer Question

I know I have had ADHD all of my life, now in my late 30's it seems to be worse, I have tried therapy, but it seems many doctors do not believe an adult can have ADHD. I would like to try medication before I lose my job.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Norman M. replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for visiting JA.

It sounds trite perhaps, but if your Doctor does not accept that adults can have ADHD - change your Doctor. First of all though, go to this website:

Print off the article and tell your Doctor you want to discuss it with him.

Don't try to self medicate, though - just keep trying unti you find a doctor you can trust.