Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.
15682972

I need to know what measures should one take once a patient

I need to know what measures should one take once a patient (family member) has been diagnosed with Schizophrenia at the hospital and discharged?
The hospital should have given you discharge recommendations. If not then the first thing to do is connect your mother with a psychiatrist to monitor the medication. If a psychiatrist is unavailable then she should see her regular doctor to review the meds and to make a plan for continued medication monitoring. This would be my first step. then let the doctor decide if therapy is the right approach to your mother's condition. My guess is that medication management is all she will need.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am grateful and thankful that you have responded to my question so promptly. I have never been exposed to this kind of illness before and as a result I was taken by a huge shock as you can imagine. I do appreciate your input a lot and am comfortable with returning for some more advise in the future