How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anna Your Own Question
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1945
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Anna is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please help. I have an appointment with my phyciatrist

This answer was rated:

Please help. I have an appointment with my phyciatrist today. Ive tried so many antidpressants and antianxiety drugs. which i think make me even more depressed because of all the side effects i get on them. I never get any relief from the symptons that i actually think are causing the depression. My whole life iv struggled with irritation, hostile, angry , impatient, overwhelmed, low self esteem, distraction, racing thoughts. I can hardly tolerate to be around my kids, family or friends . I just want to be left alone. Dr. gave me ritalin and i immediatly noticed a difference , everything calmed down, things moved at a slower pace and things just seemed quieter and I finally had the patience with my children that i have never had. I of course could go on and on He took me off the rilan because of a rash and i seemed to metalbolize it sooo quickly. The ritalin gave me the relieve if been lookink for a VERY LONG time. How can i communicate with him that he will hear me
Hey Searching,

You communicate your message perfectly, and sound exactly like any other patient, so I know that he hears and understands you. He may just not want to do it. I'd ask that outright, as many docs do not want to prescribe amphetamines because they're just not comfortable doing it with adults. If that is the case, ask for a referral to a colleague that is more versed in adult ADD. Adult ADD is a newer concept, and many physicians aren't up to snuff on it. You need to find one that is.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.



Anna and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you