How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rossi Your Own Question
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello! I want to look f0r help but don't know where to

Customer Question

Hello! I want to look f0r help but don't know where to start. How do I know what kind of help I need. I am bulimic for 30 years,depressed, and now for the past 2 years I have a contsant urge to pick my back.Also I am Alcoholic! Which I do often.I don't want this anymore!! Please help me find some help! Im a mess! Do I need a psychiatrist , pyschologist, sociol worker ? And should they specialize in something, OCD??
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning,


The best place to start is to be evaluated by a psychiatrist who can offer medication to manage the symptoms (many individuals with eating disorders respond well to antidepressants like Prozac.) Next, connect with a counselor. You would want to make sure the counselor and MD specialize in eating disorders, substance abuse, depression and dermatiollomania.


If your insurance covers treatment called intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment, that may also be a good start.


Look for some women's AA groups in your area (call #211 united way for a list )