How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. G. Your Own Question
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1492
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can i begin to go for help? i am very depressed. i

Customer Question

where can i begin to go for help? i am very depressed. i keep having nervous break downs and anxiety attacks. all i do is cry everyday all day. i get up because i have to. i dont want to have to be a mom. i dont want to ruin my relationship with my 10 year old daughter cause i am going thru this. i need something to just take the pain away.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 years ago.
where do you live? have you tried counseling or meds? how long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i live in yonkers ny. i tried counseling a while ago. i think i need meds. i have been in a 5 yr relationship that is always ending. part of it is because of my mood swings. its been over for about a month and i still feel like it happened this morning. all i do is text him and call him begging him to make this pain stop. i having crying fits!! they r insane. they take so much out of me. i cant talk without crying. i take breaks at work to cry in the bathroom. i work a lot to keep my mind off of things yet i am over worked. i have debated going to the er. i just need some of this pain to go away so i can get back to normal. i used to be such a strong independant woman. the prob is health insurance. i need somewhere resonable to go.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 7 years ago.
what I would do is contact your local social service agency and they can help you pay for counseling services and possibly get medical coverage if you are eligible. Another thing to do is contact local mental health agencies and see if they do a sliding fee scale which will give you reduced rates based on your income. Try these two first and see if you have any luck. If you do feel at your worse then you can go go to the ER and they can give you meds to temporarily help. But go to SS first and see if you can get assistance there. Good luck.

Related Mental Health Questions