How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Kaushik Your Own Question
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4642
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Kaushik is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband left me at Xmas and said that he couldn't have an

Resolved Question:

My husband left me at Xmas and said that he couldn't have an 'intimate relationship' with me. This followed after 3 months of him sleeping downstairs, although we were briefly together again at Xmas. Prior to that he left me to stay with friends. He's working all hours of the day and night and trying to see our son as much as he can. He told me last week that he now wants to spend 2 nights a week in the house with him sleeping downstairs again so that he can see our son. He looks a mess and has been tired for about a year. He's just his 40 and his father killed himself when he was 13. What the hell is wrong with him now? He still loves me and is sexually attracted to me according to him. I'm very confused.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 7 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, it seems that your husband is going through an inner turmoil within himself which must have stemmed from some issue best known to him or you , and he seems to be falling into depression and the fact that he declines to have an intimate relationship with you ,but professes that he still loves you seems to be a bizarre stand from his side , and this indirectly puts him on the spot where he needs to answer some questions to you justifying his actions , in fact you deserve some answers for his behaviour , and it would be best if you ask him to accompany you to a marriage counselor or marital therapist and seek some counseling over his issue and discuss his state of mind and the main reasons for his atitude which is as hurtful as it is bizarre.

So,kindly talk to your husband and coax him to meet a marriage counselor along with you and both of you try to do best to save your marriage from falling apart , if not for yourselves , but for your kid.

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best..

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.


Dr. Kaushik and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you