How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 251
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im going through a divorse and my soon to be ex-wife tries

This answer was rated:

Im going through a divorse and my soon to be ex-wife tries to provoke me every chance she gets through txt messages and emails. what is the best way to respond?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. Sorry to hear you are going through this. Divorce can get very nasty at times. I'm not sure if there are children involved. If not, I would suggest changing your phone number and blocking her email address. Then advise your lawyer to inform her that all communication needs to go through the lawyers. If there are children involved have the lawyers to decide on a third party for all communication to go through about the children.

I hope this answer helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best with this situation.
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you