How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gina P Your Own Question
Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 175
Experience:  MSW, LCSW, PIP
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Gina P is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i help my son who is 30 get his life back on track.

Resolved Question:

How can i help my son who is 30 get his life back on track. He has given up on all his friends and he has become very withdrawn. He refuses to go back to a doctor because a doctor in his past broke the patient doctor confidentiality.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Gina P replied 7 years ago.


Your son sounds as if he has severe depression. Since he will not go back to his doctor, perhaps you can convince him to try another or to try one that you use. Most doctors are very confidential when dealing with patients, irregardless of the one who violated confidentiality. He needs to get on an antidepressant to help him elevate his mood and become a little more motivated to do something.

Perhaps, you can phone your physician and request medications for him, or take him to a hospital emergency room to assist. His depression will get worse if left untreated. Polease let me know if you have further questions.


Gina P and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you