Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

5 yrs ago I had a stroke, and my wife of 20 yrs dropped me

at the hospital, and said...
5 yrs ago I had a stroke, and my wife of 20 yrs dropped me at the hospital, and said goodbye. The business I had invested with declared bankruptcy losing me all my investment capital, whereby I sold my house to pay everyone off, cos I respected them first. I have no money and welfare has a loophole through which I fit leaving me without any, no mater how much I beg. Amazingly I fully recovered from the stroke, just a coroted artery scar, but I am 55 and NO One will employ me, and I go for anything. All I get from shrinks and doctors is a question. "Are you going to kill yourself?" there must be something or someone who can help me, cos to add to it all I have a new 28 yr old wife, she's pregnat now, and a 2 year old daughter. People avoid me. I have about one months cash advance left on a credit card. DO I prey? David
1/5/2010
Gina P
Gina P, LCSW

Hi, I am glad you are happy with the new family. Children are always a blessing!

You know, it's not necessarily outseide the realm, for you to train in another occupation. Vocational rehabilitation should assist with this per your history of stroke, and becoming unemployed as a result. They have federal funding to assist in training you in alternate jobs and in helping you find work. I would give this a shot.

I think you do have a miraculous chance at a second life. You are fully recovered, new wife and baby. Just keep moving forward in you job search and in your life. Don't quit before the miracle happens. Please let me know if you have further questions. Gina

I thought the answer would be like that as in all respects my life is miraculous, but I am not permitted any Federal assistance due to some responsibilities I have undertaken in the past, and all I need is LUCK. Lotteries are the answer cos there is no money. My applications to retrain so far have all failed. I stand everyday quivering at what I refuse to believe is my future. I find my life as it stands truly amazing! My friends and family walk away cos they are frightened of what it looks like. I have NO IDEAS. d
Well, please try the vocational rehabilitatiojn progrm. It is set up for people who have had debilitating illness and need employment. I wish you luck. Gina
Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Gina P
Gina P
Gina P, LCSW