How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ralph LMHC Your Own Question
Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 872
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Ralph LMHC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to best leave a "loser" if you are married? I have

Customer Question

How to best leave a "loser" if you are married? I have finally decided enough is enough. Do I slowly move stuff out and then ask for divorce or do I leave everything and just get out!
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.


From a psychological standpoint, I believe that the best break is quick and complete. The first think that I would do is to engage an attorney to provide legal advise to protect financial assets. Best wishes and good luck.



Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Ralph LMHC and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay but is there a "safest" route when dealing with a "toxic lover" who is controlling and prone to acts of violence? my place to live is in another state far from where I am now.
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

As I said the first thing is to engage an attorney who is experienced in divorce law and they will guide you to routine to follow to protect everything-safety, assets, etc. As far as the specifics-this type of experienced attorney can direct you most adequately,

Best wishes and good luck and be careful. Your caution is well taken.


Ralph LMHC