Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

SEVERE CLINICAL DEPRESSION FOR 50+YEARS ELEC SHOCK/SSII MEDS

SEVERE CLINICAL DEPRESSION FOR 50+YEARS ELEC SHOCK/SSII MEDS AND COUNSELING OF NO HELP. CURRENTLY ONLEXAPRO 30MX OD AND DEXTROAMPHETAMINE 45MG. DAILY. STIMULANT OFFERS SME RELIEF BUT NOT A CURE. iS THERE ANY HELP FOR ME? ALSO,SEVERAL SUICIDE ATTEMPTS OVER TIME AND INPATIENT IN MENTAL HEALTH FACILITIES. iSTHERE ANY HOPE FOR ME?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

Your depression is certainly treatment refractory. I would contact the nearest university teaching hospital where the latest protocols are used. If you have insurance and can arrange to attend a facility like the MAYO clinic all the latest medication protocols can be tried. There is a treatment that is being tried experimentally at Emory University in GA which is similar to ECT, but without the convulsions and short term memory impairment that you may wish to try. Contact NAMI for information on how to get the treatment that you require.

http://www.nami.org/template.cfm?section=your_local_nami

Best wishes and good luck.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.