How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ed Wilfong Your Own Question
Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Ed Wilfong is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help to stop smoking. Maybe a support group? Don't

Resolved Question:

I need help to stop smoking. Maybe a support group? Don't know witch Dr. is the right one for me.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 7 years ago.
Family doc should be fine. The new drug on market (Chantix) is a different way of treating smoking. Instead of giving you alternative source of nicotine, it actually blocks some of the nicotinic receptors in the brain which takes the pleasure out of smoking.
You do need to be followed by physican as the may be issues with age or general health I am unaware of. It is also by prescription only in US. If you try it, report any unusual mood changes to Doctor.
Dr. Ed Wilfong and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you I will try Chantix with my drs appoval