Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

wellbutrin is not helping. cant see to get over depressio

wellbutrin is not helping. can't see to get over depression

How much wellbutrin are you taking and for how long?

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm taking 300 mg a day and have been on it for about 3 years. It's been in the past year that my depression has worsened. I'm afraid of some of the other drugs that kill the libido and/or cause weight gain.

The maximum therapeutic range is about 450 with 300 be the normal largest dose. You are right. In that Welbutrin has the lowest side effect profile as it does not kill libido or cause weight gain. You may want to consider Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).

I would recommend the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In CBT, one is taught new ways of thinking and behaving and as a result, one's mood improves. anxiety and panic attacks decrease. In addition CBT is evidenced based as the most effective form of treating anxiety and depression. See:

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinformation/therapies/cognitivebehaviouraltherapy.aspx

So maybe meds with CBT will be more effective. Best wishes and good luck.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.