How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ralph LMHC Your Own Question
Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 872
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Ralph LMHC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is sufferingfrom accute anxicity and paranoya about a

This answer was rated:

my son is sufferingfrom accute anxicity and paranoya about a smell he says is coming from his body or breath.he is 23 years of age...we find no smell or odor whatsoever from and dentast tested and come up with nothing....we are very worried about him as he will not socialise anymore he says some people remarked about this smell as well older son died by sucide and we are very worried and wonder if this problem is connected with his death,


It appears that your son has a major mental illness. In this case he has olfactory (smell) hallucinations. It should be cleared medically because such hallucinations can be a sign of serious brain illness. In most likelihood this problem is a symptom of having a mentally ill psychosis. He should be under the supervision of a psychiatrist for possible medication and psychotherapy to help deal with stressors and reduce symptoms.




Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.


Ralph LMHC and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
should we try to explain that he has this mental health problem to him or should we just leave it until i get him as soon as possible to the therapist.

Not knowing how he reacts. it is probably safer to carry forward when hen he meets a therapist.




Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you for your help.i get him to see a mental health doctor as quickley as possible.

Thank you for caring. He is a lucky individual.





Ralph LMHC