How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rossi Your Own Question
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend who has some emotional and mental problems.

Resolved Question:

I have a friend who has some emotional and mental problems. I do not know her diagnosis, but I am told they cannot afford even the "medicine she needs. She is delusional right now and very angry. Having worked as an RN in Psych ward I worry that she could become violent. Is there any help for someone in this situation?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

There is help for individuals that need medication. She would have to have either her PCP or a psychiatrist write a prescription (preferably a psychiatrist who can come up with a proper diagnosis unless she already knows what her diagnosis is from a past evaluation)

Here is information of either free or low cost options to medication.

Dr. Rossi and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much. I will pass this on.